1) You by Caroline Kepnes This was by far my favorite book of the entire year. Beautifully crafted and clever, You is original and worthy of my top spot.
2) The Submissive by Tara Sue Me Sexy, daring, and totally out of my comfort zone, The Submissive left me hanging on every word and NEEDING more!
3) Echo by E.k. Blair I was lucky enough to read this early, and it literally gave me nightmares. That's a good thing!
4)The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins EXCITING, MYSTERIOUS, THRILLING!
5) Me Before You by Jojo Moyes Ugh. Yeah, this one. But it's soooo good, and yellow and black tights!
6) The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin This is the best YA series I've ever read. I love a book that's outside the box, and Michelle Hodkin's delivered with smart characters and brilliant plot.
7) Dark Places by Gillian Flynn Gillian is my favorite author. Period. To be fair, I listened to the audio book, and it was EPIC!
8) Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn Ditto
9) King by T.m. Frazier This was my first book from TM. She's on fire right now, and I totally understand why.
10) The Kick-Ass Writer: 1001 Ways to Write Great Fiction, Get Published, and Earn Your Audience by Chuck Wending Because every author should read it!